Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Out of the Mist

White as milk, thick as breath
a cloud crawled over the lake
embraced the land
thin as smoke
poured over me
a veil...
a visible gasp...
moving cloud on lake, on land...
the living ghost of the sky
breathing silent
tracing fingers
dancing mist
this morning stretching
yawning me awake.

October blurs days into nights
goose-pimpled hugs
chills tickling me back to bed
I want coffee, I want bread
I want to sink into the mist
wear a dress of sighs
become almost there but not quite
blink in and out of sight
drift like the dancing mist
play hide and seek
dawning me alive.

Tomorrows fade into yesterdays
memories wrap around me
in a mist as cloudless as
this mist was clouded
clear and focused
and yet you won't remember
how I see it all
so my lens record it
in hopes you see it
but can you feel it --
the mist tickling, stretching, reaching...
echoing us together
in this room
the wind blowing kisses
outside, listen to the
carrying of the leaves
stealthy vapor
frost over a grave
whispering my hello.








































You are welcome, October.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! One of these days when you visit in future... maybe the fog will peek out like this for you, too!

    ReplyDelete