Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Ilustrations -- a short, uncomplete Review

Friends who are familiar with my work have seen the following images before, but I place them here before you as I attempt to judge which ones are my most significant works.  This is, by no means, a complete list, and one, I might add, that is hard to make.  I invite you to reply and comment: tell me if there is a painting or drawing I forgot to add and let me know which ones are your favorites or ones in which you feel will do well in someone's book or calendar!  My work is categorized according to time period.  See for yourself:

Mid 2000's to 2010:


She and He, 2006
Pen & Ink



Fairy Godmother #43, 2009
Water Color



Valentina the Selkie (Self Portrait), 2008
Watercolor, Arcrylic, Ink



Lady of the Fox's Fire, 2008
Pen & Ink




Thea & the Red Shoes, 2008
Pen & Ink



Melusine of the Honey Hair, 2008
Watercolor, Color Pencil, Ink, Arcrylic, Homemade paper



Fairy Godmother #48, 2009
Watercolor



Melusine & Grimalkin, 2008
Pen & Ink





The Girl Who Sleeps on the Other Side of the Comet, 2008
Watercolors



Miya as WereCat, 2009
Watercolors




Self Portrait circa 1780's, from the series "Self Portraits Through History", 2009
Pen & Ink



Mr. Snuggles the Cat, 2010
Watercolors



Self Portrait as Earth, 2010
Watercolors



Self Portrait as Air, 2010
Watercolors



Self Portrait as Fire, 2010
Watercolors



Self Portrait as Water, 2010
Watercolors



Michelle in the Bonnet, 2010
Watercolor, Arcrylic, Inks



Thea & the Glass of Wine, 2009
Pen & Ink, Watercolor

Early 2000's:



The Descent of Diana, Rise of Lucifer (from Aradia, or the Gospel of the Witches), 1999-2000
Pen & Ink



Sonya & the Horned One, 2000
Pen, pencil, & Ink


Jade Snow & The Gun, 2000
Pen & Ink




Grey Lady of the Sea, 2002
Water Color




Tana and Endymion (from Aradia, the Gospel of the Witches), 2003
Watercolor



Tana and Endymion, the Reunion, 2003
Watercolors


Lord of the Cats, 2004
Pen & Ink, Photocopy

My best work from the 1990's (at least what has survived):


Blood Roses, 1998
Pen & Ink




Water Face, 1994
Tie Dyed fabric, Acrylic, Ink



Deeper Dissection, 1993
Ink, found objects, watercolors
(to see this image in full click here)



Nightmare, 1992-4
Ink, Acrylic



Dark Wings, 1992
Mixed Media



Siberia, 1993
Ink, found objects, coffee stains, gouche




Hush Rusty (faux poster for unfinished graphic novel) 1999
Pencils



Portrait of my Grandmother Margaret Kaquatosh, 1994-5
Oils on broken door, this photograph is all that exists of it since it has long disappeared in the trash (my brother accidentally threw it away thinking I had abandoned it)

I have a whole loft full of paintings and illustrations -- too numerous to scan or post here.  If you've gotten through all of these, thank you for your time and energy!  I look back and forward right now -- all in determining where I stand and where I should go next.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Blood Roses! I would love to have a print of that to hang on my wall. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It took me five years to finish Blood Roses -- it was a simple pencil drawing and sat in my folders for a long while. I inked it in 1998 and tried my darnedest to publish it. One editor told me that it looked too menstrual! Whatever. There's a story behind every rejection I've ever had and sometimes they're funny. And here I always thought Blood Roses was simply an image of a woman's legs tangled up in roses and thorns!

    ReplyDelete