Friday, October 15, 2010

Mr. Snuggles' Day Outside

Everyday I try to do something to keep my cat, Mr. Snuggles, happy. Today I let him take a little walk with me around the apartment. It was a sunny, warm autumn day and I couldn't resist sharing it with him. The following video has no sound (sorry, I don't have a sophisicated camera) but fully demonstrates Mr. Snuggles' slow panther walk as he explores his territory and tries to attack some leaves flying in the wind!



I love my cat.
His fur shines in the sun.
My shadow plays with his.
A witch and her black cat having fun.



Here he is, my little house panther.



I really like how a black cat looks sitting amongst the autumn leaves.



I accidentally turned on the flash in this photo. Mr. Snuggles hates camera flashes. He has very sensitive eyes.





Mr. Snuggles likes to stalk leaves!
I also wonder what it must be like to walk on the grass with those soft little paws he has.



All good things must come to an end. Mr. Snuggles struggles to break free from my embrace as I carry him back inside. I don't like to take him out too often but it's nice to give him a treat. He gives me so much love, I have to reward him. You may be able to tell in the video and in these pictures that Mr. Snuggles is developing his winter fat early. I've also noticed that area squirrels and birds are also putting on fat. I think it's a sign winter weather may be coming early. Or it could just mean that the animals in my neck of the woods are well fed!

And very much well loved.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, just to let you know that you might want to treat Mr. Snuggles. Since his visit all of our cats ended up getting fleas. (He was the only furry one to visit.) ~_~ It's hard to spot on a black kitty. Trust me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! How strange. I'll give him a could comb tonight and check his ears. He hasn't given any indication or exhibited any differences in his behavior these last couple months. Ever since his emergency a year ago, I'm a hypercondriac when it comes to his health and check him for EVERYTHING. Thanks for the heads up. I'll let you know if I find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went home to do a flea check on Mr. Snuggles -- so far no sign of crawlies. *shivers* However I am now heebie-jeebied out!

    ReplyDelete